Years ago i responded to the call of political struggle. My youthfulness and idealism brought me to march the streets while hailing for freedom with my fist empowering my being.
Freedom for the oppressed, for women, for farmers, for laborers , for students, for press freedom were part of the call. And never did I regret the times I burned my skin from the sun while basking in the infurating system of the government and political structure. Back then, with all hopes of hoping, i knew somehow, changes can happen if I joined the thousands marching the street shouting for freedom.
But up to this day, the same fights are being battled, people are still triggered to raise their fist and I sulk within. With all hopes of hoping, I can only witness from a far the raging anger of people and fervently pray to GOD for freedom that we all need.
We are all prisoners and we all need freedom.
Our struggles may be different — but we all cry for the ultimate… peace in our hearts...
******
For the SUMILAO FARMERS -- may you receive the 144 hectares of land you have been fighting for!
*********
Maligayang Bati Panginoon : A tribute for SUMILAO FARMERS , recorded by Pete


No comments:
Post a Comment